Saturday, February 28, 2009

This is Getting Monotonous

Three games and 3 Non-Roster pitcher losses. The good news of course, is that the roster pitchers are doing pretty well. Yesterday they did not have any roster starting pitchers pitch, only Romero and Madson pitched. Romero had a bit of a control problem with 3 walks and a run in 2 innings. Madson had a scoreless inning pitched. To belabor the point Roster pitchers are pitching at a 1.80 ERA and the Non-roster pitchers are pitching at a 13.20 ERA. Nuf said. Hitting wise it was ugly again. Shane had a couple of hits and Ibanez knocked in a run. I'm guessing they will put a better game together on Saturday since they are playing the American league champs Tampa-Bay and Pat Burrell. I hear the place is sold out for the game.

4 comments:

  1. Right now I think I am liking the acquisition of Ibanez. It seems to me that he is being the most consistent at the plate. From the little I've read about the phils so far this spring he would have to be the teams MVP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,
    Now we need to make sure he can hit lefties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's game was much better, they came out swinging and hit three bombs in the first. Granted it was against a starter that I don't remember ever hearing about. However the offense didn't give up and even the scrubs continued to tack on some runs. That was the kind of game I was looking for. The biggest downside to today was Kendrick giving up the homerun on a hanging slider. They still say he is the favorite to win the number 5 spot. He better show something else next outing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think I agree with you that Kendrick will win the 5th starter slot by default. Corrasco has better stuff, but lacks experience and has minor league options available. Happ is left-handed and guess what they need in the bull pen for 50 games. Park has performed well in the bull pen in the past. So by default it will be Kendrick. Plus - I think Charlie likes him.

    ReplyDelete