Friday, February 6, 2009

Truck Day

Who would have thought that Baseball teams can make such a big deal of loading up trucks and starting the trek to their spring training fields. I guess it comes from the old saying any publicity is good publicity.
The Phillies have 15 cases of gum and 12 cases of sunflower seeds (No mention of chewing tobacco) :-)
300 helmets - Now why do they need 300 helmets for 63 players, misc catchers, and coaches?
600 Hats and Pants - I guess this is Home, Away, and I guess their St. Patty's Uni's
15,000 Baseballs - WOW! - Can't image needing that many.
I heard the equipment Manager on the radio this morning, for sure this is the only day he can be important enough to be a radio interview. He mentioned they have the equipment and it does no good being in Philadelphia, so why not take it with you.
Well - This whole thing is making me anxious for the season to start.
Gee - Maybe that is the reason for truck day huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment