Monday, March 9, 2009

Rollins

I was watching the World Baseball Classic(WBC) last night for a few innings and I realized I don't have a lot of interest in the games. I mean, sure I want the USA to win, but I have a hard time watching an entire game like I can with the Phils. It is very similar to spring training games, I find them hard to watch from beginning to end. Anyway, as I watched the game Rollins had just been pulled after going 2 for 3 to allow Jeter to play a little. The broadcasters were interviewing Rollins, and during the interview, Dunn hits a home run. Rollins stopped what he was saying and gave a little play-by-play. It was interesting and the broadcasters were just in love with Jimmy after he left. They followed him in the dugout for the next inning or two. At first Rollins was retelling his interview to Dunn and someone else. You could see him holding a fake mike and he gestured the track of the home run and joking with Dunn. After he was done with Dunn(haha) they followed him dancing in the dugout, he danced all the way from one end to the other to get a drink of water and back again. I mean he kept at it until I felt embarrassed for him. It looked like the coaches and other players were trying to ignore him and felt like saying "Go Away". I guess the moral is - Jimmy is real loose right now - good for the Phils.

2 comments:

  1. Thats definitely a good thing for the phils, it shows how loosed he is which means that the rest of the team is likely to follow when his presence is once again noticed. That is the reason the phils won the world series last season, they were loose and not uptight like their neighbors to the north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea - The other thing it will do is help new players get aquainted with the team. Ibanez, Happ and Park will appreciate it. I think it is too late for Kendrick, the practical joke they played on him last year just wiped him out.

    ReplyDelete